Friday, December 10, 2010

Video I took at the Elizabeth Smart kidnapping trial --- After verdict was reached

I have been covering the Elizabeth Smart kidnapping trial since it began in November, right around the time I came on board at the Salt Lake Tribune. 


It has been a wild ride. I have really enjoyed getting involved in coverage of this case. I have learned more than I ever wanted to know about psychiatry and mental health, but have really enjoyed the opportunity it provided to learn more about the federal court process as I cover crime and justice.


On December 10, 2010 Elizabeth Smart and her family commented after a guilty verdict is handed down by the jury for Brian David Mitchell for the 2002 kidnapping of Smart. Eight years after the event, closure comes for the family.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF9lGSYOJkg

No comments:

Post a Comment