Monday, November 15, 2010

Reporting from a Federal courtroom

This was an interesting opportunity. I woke up that morning like it was Christmas. I was excited, not for hearing the gruesome details of the Elizabeth Smart nine-month ordeal, but to learn the process of how a jury was selected. It was my first opportunity to report from a Federal courtroom on such a high-profile crime case.
This story was one my colleague Sheena and I reported on about the process of selecting jurors in the case. It was interesting to see what caused the judge to dismiss or keep certain jurors, even when the defense or prosecution felt the individual showed cause to be removed from the pool. An educational experience about the courts and our justice system.
Read the below story we wrote about how some of the jurors were chosen.
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/50588638-76/juror-defense-mitchell-insanity.html.csp

No comments:

Post a Comment